Greece is the word.

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I have an unhealthy obsession with Santorini. It's my holy grail of traveling; I actually have recurrent nightmares wherein I only have 24 hours on the island and I can't decide how to spend it. I guess it's better than dreaming about spiders. Anyway, I felt like I was one step closer to my Santorini dreams when I heard about Oia Castle, a luxury caldera villa that's WAY cheaper than the biggies like Katikies or Perivolas. Rates in October are under $300 -- that's dollars, not Euros. I'm madly in love with the Volcano Junior Villa, above -- I don't know whether to drool over the view or the bathtub mosaic. Sigh.

Of course, this is just my fantasy of the Perfect Greek Getaway. The sensible part of me would/will probably shack up at Chelidonia, a budget-friendly villa with equally yummy caldera views and a much sweeter price tag of around $180/night.

No comments: