400 days and counting!

I am in love with the Olympics. Every two years, my world stops turning for a few weeks and I watch every event and cry at every medal ceremony. I also usually go through a brief phase of vowing to become an Olympian myself; I've considered gymnastics, cycling, archery, and most recently speed skating as possible avenues to Olympic glory. But given my questionable athletic prowess, a west-bound plane seems slightly more realistic.

Three reasons to catch the summer games when they come to Beijing in exactly 400 days:
1) It's a good excuse to go to China. Expedia only books ten months out, but this website helpfully marks the hotels that are currently taking reservations for August 2008.
2) Ticket prices are crazy low -- $13 for some events, and only $39 for the Women's All-Around Final in artistic gymnastics -- pretty much the holy grail of events.
3) The stadium looks like a crazy Picasso donut. Mmm!

No comments: