You cell phone just wants to help.

I'll admit it, I was slacking on the posts this weekend. But there's a good reason: I was mooching. I spent the weekend at the Jersey shore, sleeping on my aunt's floor and gorging on soft pretzels (25 cents each) and homemade cookies (free).

Ahh, frugality.

Anyway, for more far-flung excursions, I've recently become addicted to the free text help you can get from Google via cell phone -- without paying a fortune per minute for web access. Need a phone number? Text the name and zip to GOOGL (46645, if you're too lazy) and it'll shoot back the digits. No habla espanol? Can't parlez-vous francais? Text the letter T, the word or phrase, and the language you need to translate to or from (for example, t beer to spanish) and you're an instant bilinguist (cerveza!).

Just not while driving. 'Kay?

No comments: