Come and get me, mosquito.

I swear, every time I go to the beach, I come home with six different types of bug bites. Two complications this time: One, I have a bite on the inside of my middle toe that is killing me. And two, I'm out of Humphrey's. WAIT! Before you click, let me clarify. On a late-night walk along Palm Beach in Aruba, I acquired no less than thirty bites -- three on one toe, and itchy toes are my pet peeve. When I finally stumbled down to front desk the next morning and begged for some Benadryl or a shotgun, the fabulous concierge instructed me to buy a pot of Humphrey's Anti-Itch Ointment. It says the active ingredient is plain old benzocaine, but I can assure you it's made of magic and wishes and sunshine. Now for the downside: it's marketed as a hemorrhoid cream stateside. Try to ignore that, and pack a pot on your next trip to the tropics. Your toes will thank you.

2 comments:

Marybel & Ivan said...

Any tips where I can buy this in the US? I used to stock up in CuraƧao but just came back and could not find on the whole island! Apparently they ran out and not sure of this would be imported again. This has been our miracle cream for all sorts of small emergencies (mosquito bites, sunburn, itches, kitchen accidents etc etc) and am lost without it now. Hopefully you've figured out where to find.

Thanks,
Marybel

Anonymous said...

I bought this in Aruba and its a miracle worker... Can anyone tell me where I can find it I the US.